Affordable Housing Committee
Provide a forum for the exchange of information on affordable housing issues and initiatives and recommend potential responses and directions; Monitor and obtain information on the local housing market and identify trends and emerging housing needs in the community; Provide advice and make recommendations where appropriate concerning affordable housing initiatives; Provide advice and make recommendations where appropriate with respect to a comprehensive plan to address affordable housing initiatives; Encourage a range of safe and affordable housing options which meet the needs of individuals and families of varying income levels, age groups and needs; Act in conformance with the by-laws and legislation of the Town of Fort Erie; Be accountable to Town Council;
- The Committee may provide advice to Council, in concert with the duties and responsibilities of the Committee as outlined in the guidelines.
1. Bridges Community Health Centre Ashley Chiarello
2. The Fort Erie Native Friendship Centre Sherrie Kechego-Weekes
3. Salvation Army Anne Watters
4. The Fort Erie Multicultural Cultural Society Martha Mason
5. Senior Citizen's Organization Richard Paterak Beachcombers
6. Senior Citizen's Organization Brian Hodge Ridgewood Lions Manor
6. Habitat For Humanity Mark Newman
7. Development Community Kelly Kendrick-Collings Ganawageh & Ohsto: Seri Urban Homes Inc.
8. Community at Large or Other Stakeholder Groups Juli Longaphie & Chris Knutt
9. Town Council Councillor Butler
10. Mayor, Ex-Officio
11. Town Staff Lindsay Richardson