Government >> Elections
Below are milestone dates for Candidates, Third Party Advertisers and residents relating to the 2022 Municipal and School Board Elections.
KEY DATES - 2022
Tuesday, May 2, 2022
- First day for candidates to file a nomination paper for the office of mayor, regional chair, town council, regional council or school board trustee.
- First day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser.
- Campaign period begins once a nomination paper or notice of registration is filed.
- Preliminary expense limit and other legislative documentation provided to candidates and third party advertisers on the day they file.
Friday, August 19, 2022
- Last day for a candidate to file or withdraw a nomination.
- Nominations or withdrawal cannot be accepted beyond 2:00 p.m.
Monday, August 22, 2022
- Certification of nomination papers to be completed by 4:00 p.m.
- Declaration of acclamation provided after 4:00 p.m.
- After the certification of the candidates, Proxy appointment forms will be available for electors who can not vote on any of the voting days.
Tuesday, September 1, 2022
- Voters' list available to certified candidates.
- Revision period begins - Electors may update or add their name to the voters' list.
Tuesday, September 26, 2022
- Final expense limits provided to candidates and third party advertisers.
Saturday, October 1, 2022
- Advance Polling - Leisureplex Banquet Hall (3 Municipal Centre Dr.) from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Clerk's Office will be open from 12:00pm - 5:00pm for the purpose of certifying proxies.
Thursday, October 13, 2022
- Advance Polling - Central Fire Station (444 Central Ave.) from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday, October 14, 2022
- Advance Polling - Stevensville Memorial Hall (2508 Stevensville Road, Stevensville) from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Download Advance Poll and Election Day Voting Locations (PDF)
Friday, October 21, 2022
- Last day for an individual or entity to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser.
Monday, October 24, 2022 - Election Day
- Voting Day - Polls will be open 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Monday, November 15, 2022
- Inaugural Meeting of new term of Town Council
KEY DATES - 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Campaign period ends for candidates and registered third parties.
- Last day for candidate or registered third parties to file an Extension of campaign period (Form 6).