The Town of Fort Erie has a diverse demographic with residents at many different stages of their lives. The following information may put you in touch with the right people, or businesses, to help with new challenges or in time of crisis.
Moving to Fort Erie
The Town of Fort Erie has a population of 30,000. It features many historical sites, beautiful landscapes and beaches, great shopping outlets, excellent fishing waters, and a gateway to Buffalo, NY via the Peace Bridge.
If you are deciding to move to Fort Erie, or move within Fort Erie. You may need to use some of the following resources to assist you.
- Canadian Niagara Power (Hydro) - www.cnpower.com
- Enbridge Gas - http://www.enbridge.com/
- Town of Fort Erie (Water & Property taxes) - 905-871-1600
- Region of Niagara (Garbage – Weekly Pick-up) - http://www.niagararegion.ca/waste/collection/
- Miller Waste ( Garbage - Large Item Pickup) - https://www.niagararegion.ca/waste/collection/items/largeitems/request-form.aspx
- Lincoln County Humane Society (Dog Tags/License) - https://lchs.ca/
- Municipal Property Assessment Corporation - http://www.mpac.ca/
A licence to marry may be obtained from the Issuer of Marriage Licenses at the Customer Service Unit, 1 Municipal Centre Drive, Fort Erie (905-871-1600). At least one party to the proposed marriage must apply in person, however, the application must be signed by both applicants.
- For more Marriage License Information: Click Here
Birth, Death, Marriage Certificates:
An application form can be obtained at the Customer Service Unit at Town Hall. On-line certificates are available through the Service Ontario website. The applications submitted on line will be processed and delivered in 15 business days with a money-back guarantee for applications that are complete and accurate. Payments for on-line applications must be made by credit card. When completed, the forms are sent electronically to the Office of the Registrar General
- For more information on Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates: Click Here