2018 Budget (In Progress)
The Town’s budget is developed annually and designed to support the Town’s Strategic Plan and Official Plan commitments. The Town’s budget process relies on both sound financial planning and prudent fiscal management practices. As a result, the Town is able to allocate resources appropriately to provide outstanding services to its residents and effectively maintain infrastructure.
Tax Dollar Distribution for Fort Erie Residents
Who Provides What Services?
Residential Tax Comparison by Municipality
2018 Budget Timeline
How to Get Involved
Staff Reports, Presentations and Public Notices
The budget is guided by the Town’s 2015-2018 Corporate Strategic Plan: a prosperous and growing community, effective and sustainable infrastructure, and strong customer service and communications.
The Town collects taxes on behalf of the Town, Niagara Region and school boards. For 2017, the Town of Fort Erie receives $0.44 of every $1.00 of residential property tax collected.
The Town of Fort Erie strives to strike the right balance for residents: maintaining existing services, programs and infrastructure and providing new services, while minimizing tax increases. In a climate of increasing costs, this can be a challenge. The Town’s tax burden is relatively low and the water and wastewater costs are relatively high but, when combined in 2016, Fort Erie was slightly below average. The water and wastewater costs are impacted due in large part to the relatively low number of account connections per kilometre that are available to pay for fixed infrastructure costs compared to other municipalities.
- Attend a Council-in-Budget-Committee Meeting or Council Meeting and/or speak as a registered delegate. Those looking to speak as a delegate must register one week prior to a Council-in-Budget-Committee meeting.
- Provide feedback to your Mayor or Ward Councillor through their Contact Us Form or email.
- Public Notice – 2018 Budget Committee Meetings and By-law Dates
- Staff Report - 2018 Budget Planning & Timetable (CS-20-2017 - Sept. 19, 2017
- Presentation - 2018 Capital Budget