Bay Beach Grand Re-Opening
Bay Beach Fort Erie, Ontario
Bay Beach Grand Re-Opening Sunday, May 26, 2019, 11 am - 4 pm
After a year of construction, Bay Beach is almost ready for your enjoyment! On Sunday, May 26, 2019, the official Bay Beach Grand Re-Opening will be held starting at 11 am. This is a family focused event and we invite everyone to come out for the day to enjoy the beach, the new park, facilities, a variety of family entertainment the first annual Bay Beach Sand Castle Competition, food trucks and more.
The official ribbon cutting will be held at noon, followed by judging of the sandcastle creations at 2 pm and finally the announcement of the sand castle winners at 3 pm. It will be a fun filled day for all to enjoy. We invite all of Fort Erie to come out to this grand re-opening of Bay Beach to see firsthand that the wait was well worth it! This beach has been transformed into a world-class destination that will serve the community and tourists for decades and helps showcase the best that Fort Erie has to offer.
The Sand Castle Competition is open to professionals and families/groups that would like to try their hand at creating something special. There are first prizes for both categories.
Bay Beach underwent extensive construction to provide an accessible and modern beach destination for locals and tourists alike. Some of the park features include a state of the art washroom facility, a new playground, a covered pavilion, shaded areas around the playground, a ramp down to the beach and a terrace deck that extends over the beach.
This is an enormous project that could not have been done without the help of various contributors both financially and boots on the ground. The Town of Fort Erie would like to thank the Niagara Region for their contribution of $850,000, as well as the Ridgeway Lions Club for raising over $105,000 for the new playground, the Bert Miller Nature Club, and the Crystal Beach Hill Cottagers Organization to name a few.
Bay Beach will be Fort Erie’s newest tourist attraction and is a pristine example of what collaboration, hard work and perseverance can achieve.
The Bay Beach site will be closed to the public, until May 26, 2019, as construction wraps up.
To help celebrate the Grand Re-Opening of Bay Beach the First Annual Bay Beach Sand Castle Competition will be held!
Sand Castle Rules For Professionals:
1. Professional Sand Castle Builders must pre-register at email@example.com
2. Family/Group Category can register the day of.
3. Professional Sand Castle Builders will have a designated area outlined for them and a stake with their name will be placed in their work area. Only sand within this plot can be used.
4. Professional Sand Castle Builders can only have one sand castle builder, helpers such as those getting tools and or water are allowed.
5. Hand tools (shovels, rakes, trowels, etc) only. No mechanical tools may be used in building or carving sculptures.
6. Sprayers to keep sand moist are acceptable. Forms and aids may be used for construction but must be removed before final judging.
7. Only objects found naturally on the beach and in your plot may be used in the sculpture i.e., stones, shells. No added colours, props, objects, etc.
8. Artistic subject: This is a family event. Please be creative but no sculptures with nudity will be allowed.
9. Sand Castle competitors can begin at 9 am.
10. Judging of the Sand Castles will begin at 2 pm, with the winners announced at 3 pm.
11. Prizes have been graciously donated by Marz homes ($500 cash) for the Professional winner and $100 gift certificate from South Coast.