Bay Beach Rules
The following rules apply to patrons visiting Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach) during operating hours (9 a.m. to 6 p.m.):
- Beachgoers must present a valid resident, commercial or day pass before entering the beach. Proof of residency will not be required when entering Bay Beach.
- Bay Beach hours of operation are Monday to Sunday (including holidays) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Public access to the beach is permitted outside hours of operation unless otherwise mandated through government orders. All Town beaches are closed from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- Only 2,000 people will be allowed on Bay Beach each day with no exceptions. Once reached, the beach will be closed to new patrons.
- Upon entering the beach, security may ask for you to show the items within your bags. Refusal to do this will make a patron inadmissible to the beach.
- Pass holders will enter through the Ashwood or Main Street entrances and leave through the Ashwood or Schooley Road exits.
The following are NOT ALLOWED on Bay Beach at all times:
- Fires, dogs, glass containers, littering, public defecation/urination, alcohol, smoking or vaping tobacco/cannabis, BBQs or pavilions.
- No tents of any size or type, sport-brellas or any material mounted on supports. Only umbrellas with a centre pole no greater than seven feet, six inches in height and a maximum shade diameter of nine feet will be permitted.
Bay Beach rules are enforced by onsite beach staff, security and by-law enforcement.