COVID-19 - Business Support
Town of Fort Erie
The Town of Fort Erie is working hard to connect Fort Erie businesses to their consumers. Using Geographical Information System (GIS) technology, Town Staff has developed an interactive map called the Fort Erie Business Availability Map (FEBAM). FEBAM gives a local business the ability to claim and update its business profile to include important information such as business status (open/closed), hours of operation, delivery and curbside pick-ups, etc. If your business cannot be found in the directory or if you’re having trouble updating the status of your business, please contact Daniel Turner, economic development officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-871-1600 ext. 2252.
Town of Fort Erie Guide: How to Bring Your Business Online
- COVID-19 Guidance for Businesses
- Sector-Specific Business Guidelines: Businesses permitted to be open must follow Ontario’s sector-specific public health and workplace safety measures.
- Niagara Region Public Health Resources
- Economic Support from Niagara’s Economic Rapid Response Team: With constant updates related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Niagara Region’s Economic Development team has curated some useful resources for small business owners.
- COVID-19 News from Niagara’s Economic Rapid Response Team
- Financial Support from Niagara’s Economic Rapid Response Team
- COVID-19 Vaccination Workplace Policy Resources and Proof of Vaccination: Niagara Region Public Health recommends that local businesses create vaccination policies for their employees. Learn more about establishing a vaccination policy in your workplace.
Province of Ontario
- COVID-19 News: Read the latest announcements about COVID-19.
- Reopening Ontario – Ontario’s Three-Step Plan: Learn more about Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen – the province’s three-step plan to safely and gradually lift public health measures based on the ongoing progress of provincewide vaccination rates and improvements of key public health and health care indicators.
- Help for Businesses in Ontario: Learn about changes to government programs and available supports as your business recovers from COVID-19.
- Free Marketing Materials to Promote COVID Alert: The Ontario Government is providing businesses and organizations with easy-to-use marketing materials to help encourage colleagues, staff and customers to download the COVID Alert app – an important tool in our fight to protect ourselves and our communities from the pandemic.
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Learn about the COVID-19 vaccines and when they will be available in Ontario.
- Free Mental Health Services and Support: You can find information about mental health programs as well as the type of support that may be right for you.
Government of Canada
- Managing Your Business During COVID-19: Resources for businesses, their employees and self-employed individuals including financial support, loans and access to credit.
- Support for Businesses: The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to support Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Funding Opportunities for Southern Ontario Organizations: FedDev Ontario works to create opportunities for economic growth in southern Ontario by helping businesses become more competitive, innovative and productive. Their Agency also works with southern Ontario communities to develop and diversify local economies.
- COVID-19 Rapid Testing and Screening in Workplaces: Get Free Rapid Tests – The Government of Canada, some provincial/territorial governments and distribution partners are providing free rapid COVID-19 tests to organizations. These tests are to be used for regular workplace screening of employees.
- Financial Relief for Entrepreneurs through the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC): Learn more about options for accessing credit to support you through to a more stable time.
- Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth: The Government of Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth Program is offering 50% grant funding up to $15,000 to hire a post-secondary graduate for an environment-focused position requiring digital abilities. Applicants must be 15-30 years old, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a refugee that is unemployed, underemployed, or working part-time.
- Canada-Ontario Job Grant: The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides opportunities for employers, individually or in groups, to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
- Work Sharing Program: The program provides is designed to help employers and employees avoid layoffs when there is a temporary reduction in the normal level of business activity that is beyond the control of the employer. The measure provides income support to employees eligible for Employment Insurance benefits who work a temporarily reduced work week while their employer recovers.
- Online Portal for Agri-Food Job Opportunities: If you’re looking for a new professional opportunity and the chance to make a difference during the COVID-19 outbreak, this is a one-stop-shop that highlights employment openings and training resources in Ontario’s agriculture and food sector.
Employment Support Contacts
John Howard Society Niagara Job Gym Welland & Fort Erie
Deanna Villella, Manager
CERF Niagara (Francophone Provider for Niagara Region)
- Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO): The Tourism Industry Association of Ontario is recognized by the government as the voice of tourism. Find the latest information on TIAO’s advocacy efforts for the tourism industry on both the provincial and federal levels. Learn about the latest government support programs available and the latest on the reopening plans in Ontario and Canada.
- Canada’s Regional Development Agencies: Support for Businesses During COVID-19: Canada’s regional development agencies (RDA) are the front line for economic development in Canada and help to address key economic challenges by providing regionally tailored programs, services, knowledge and expertise.
Business Preparedness Toolkits
- COVID-19 Tools and Resources for Business: Stay up-to-date on key announcements, updates on the latest information and available resources and programs to support you and your business.
- COVID-19 Small Business Help Centre through the Canadian Federation of Independent Business: The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is dedicated to supporting you and your business throughout the COVID-19 crisis and the recovery of the economy.
- Digital Main Street: As part of a partnership between the Government of Canada and the Province of Ontario, Digital Main Street is proud to continue delivering these programs to support businesses across Ontario.
- Shopify Academy: Free Shopify training to help you build and grow your business. Topics include starting your online store, promoting it via social media, photography and more.
- Google My Business: Guidance on updating information and temporary closures.
- Pathstone Mental Health: In-person walk-in clinics are back! Call to book your appointment at 1-800-263-4944.
For any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Fort Erie Economic Development and Tourism Services.
Toll Free: 1-888-270-9151
Please note: New programs are being introduced very rapidly with operational details and clarifications being made daily. We are trying to keep this information updated but can only guarantee the information at the time of the update. Please check back frequently.