Residents >> Property Taxes


Cancellation, reduction or refund of taxes


Section 357 of the Municipal Act S.O. 2001 Chapter C.25 provides the authority for the Town Council to accept applications for cancellation, reduction or refund under certain conditions which may include:


  • If a residential property could not be used for its normal use due to repairs or renovations for a period of at least three months during the year;
  • If the use of a non-residential property has changed since the return of the last assessment roll;
  • If a property has been granted exempt status after the return of the assessment roll;
  • If there has been a fire or demolition of a building or a “gross and manifest error” in the assessment.
  • An application for a cancellation, reduction or refund of your taxes based on the above must be filed on or before February 28 of the next year. The forms are available at the Town Hall.