This page provides helpful resources for all candidates running in the 2018 Municipal and School Board Election.
Town of Fort Erie Resources
- Town of Fort Erie Candidates Guide this guide is part of a package provided to registered candidates.
- The Town of Fort Erie Use of Corporate Resources Policy for Election Purposes can be accessed via the following link: By-law No. 62-2018
- Ward Map
Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs Resources
- The Ministry of Municipal Affairs is the provincial agency responsible for municipal elections in Ontario. Please reference this website for:
- The Municipal Elections Act, 1996, as amended
- Updated 2018 pertinent information
- 2018 Candidates' Guide for Ontario Municipal and School Board Elections this guide has been provided by the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs.
Resources For School Board Trustee Candidates
REMINDER: School Board Trustee Candidates are invited to submit their profiles to TrusteeCandidateInfo@oesc-cseo.org
- OESC Making a Difference For Kids English Version (PDF)
- OESC Making a Difference For Kids French Version (PDF)
- AMO - So You Want to Run for Council - Online Course - you are required to create an account if you do not have one with AMO. (The fee for this online course is $66.37 + hst (payable online)- This is simply a resource that candidates may consider but is by no means a requirement.
- FCM - Municipal Elections in Canada: A Guide for Women Candidates
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities Women in Local Government - resources and information for women interested in running in the 2018 Municipal or School Board Election