Contractor Safety Program
The Corporation of the Town of Fort Erie works to ensure that contractors comply with The Occupational Health and Safety Act and its applicable Regulations as well as Corporation policies, safe work standards and guidelines.
To accomplish this, the Contractor Safety SWS has four (4) stages to review contractor safety:
- A pre-qualification process that includes submission of a Bidder’s Safety Checklist detailing the contractor’s health and safety program, training and record;
- Contractor Orientation and Pre-Commencement meetings to advise the contractor and contract employees of the Corporation’s Health and Safety policies, procedures and expectations, documented using the Pre-Start Checklist;
- Performance Monitoring including the contractor’s corrective discipline policy to ensure compliance; and
- Post Contract Performance Evaluation to determine if a contractor’s safety performance during the contract is adequate to qualify them for future work for the Corporation.
- Check List, Appendix A
- Rating Form, Appendix B
- Pre-Start Checklist, Appendix C
- Post-Performance Evaluation, Appendix D
Additional Safe Work Standards