Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and the closure of Town Hall, Public Information Open House and Public Meetings under the Planning Act will be held electronically. All Council meetings are being held electronically in compliance with the electronic participation provisions of the Municipal Emergency Act, 2020 and Council Rules of Procedure By-law No. 36-2016, as amended. Further information will be posted here as regular meetings will resume.
All electronic meetings are being conducted using the Zoom platform and can be viewed live on the Town's YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/townofforterie or by clicking on the YouTube icon on the home page of the Town's website at www.forterie.ca. Council meetings and Public Meetings under the Planning Act will continue to be recorded and archived for future public viewing.
Please click here to view current Public Notices under the Planning Act (Open House and Public Meeting) and for detailed information on how to participate electronically.
For the current list of Committee of Adjustment Public Notices please visit the Committee of Adjustment page.
Tips for Speaking at the Town of Fort Erie Electronic Public Information Open House and Public Meetings
- Participants will be called upon one at a time to voice their comments. Introduce yourself - name, property address - when asked.
- When you login in to the Zoom meeting, you will be able to hear the meeting. While registrants are in the waiting room they are not heard or seen until admitted by the host into the meeting.
- Please mute your microphone prior to the meeting and be mindful of background noise during your presentation.
- Please note that the meeting will be live streamed on YouTube. Your name will be visible at the meeting as well as your video, if enabled.
- If video is enabled, please be mindful of your background.
- Highlight your key points relating to the application – we ask that speakers maintain the 10 minute time limit to allow for all registrants the opportunity to talk.
- Larger groups should appoint a single representative to speak on the groups behalf.
- Please note that correspondence and comments directed to Staff and Council are restricted to the matters of the Planning Act.
Anamika Dilwaria, MCIP, RPP
Senior Development Planner
Tel: 905.871.1600 ext. 2507