Traffic, Infrastructure & Transit
Infrastructure Services provides technical expertise to various Committees appointed by Council to address the Town of Fort Erie's residents and businesses concerns regarding streetlighting, traffic safety and coordination, transit and specialized transit provision and drainage. Listed below are the appointed members of these Committees and a contact person to facilitate your requests:
Traffic Coordinating Committee (By-law No. 97-2016)
This Committee will consist of Town of Fort Erie representation as follows:
- One member of Council (Council liaison)
- Director, Infrastructure Services, Chair of Meetings
- Manager, Engineering
- Manager, Roads and Fleet
- Transit Program Manager
and one representative from:
- Planning & Development Services
- Municipal By-law Enforcement
- Niagara Regional Police
- Regional Municipality of Niagara - Public Works/Transportation Division
The Engineering Division of Infrastructure Services is the primary contact and provides the required professional and secretarial support.
The purpose of the Committee is to assess, advise and act on traffic issues according to legislation, municipal by-laws, policies and standards. The Committee makes technically supported recommendations, where necessary, on traffic management issues, including but not limited to: parking control, speed limits, cross walks and crossing guards, load restrictions, school safety zones, streetlights, requests with regards to street lighting and traffic signs.
Generally, the Committee will meet quarterly or as required to conduct business (special meetings may be held at the Call of the Chair). To contact the Secretariat for this Committee please call 905-871-1600 x2401
Infrastructure Services Business Committee - This Committee is made up of the following:
- Councillor K. Zanko, Chair
- Councillor D. Lubberts, Vice Chair
- Kelly Walsh, Director, Infrastructure Services
- Tim Marotta, Manager, Engineering Division
- George Stojanovic, Manager, Operations
- Sean Hutton, Manager, Parks and Facilities Division
- Chris Pisaric, Manager, Water and Wastewater Division
- Jennifer Pennell-Ajie, EA to the Director, IS and Division Coordinator, Engineering
This Committee deals with issues pertaining to the business and work of Infrastructure Services. This Committee meets quarterly. To contact the Secretariat for this Committee please call 905-871-1600 x2401.
Drainage Task Force - This Committee is made up of the following:
- Representation from the Engineering Division, Infrastructure Services
- Representation from the Community Planning and Development Services
- Representation from the Operations Division, Infrastructure Services
This Committee deals with drainage issues. To contact the Engineering Representative for this Committee please call 905-871-1600 x2405.