Canada Post has announced the wind-down of its epost™ document and payment service.
The Town of Fort Erie will no longer be using epost for tax and water bills as of September 30, 2022.
We are asking that all Fort Erie residents create a new “myFE” account where you can view (and print if you wish) your water and tax bills digitally.
The Town of Fort Erie offers residents the option to view their property tax and water bill information online with paperless e-bills!
Paperless simply means you will now receive your billing information by email and through our digital portal myFE.
e-Billing is simple, secure and convenient, with all information organized in one place. You can access our self-service portal anywhere, anytime and from any device.
Please note: if you wish to receive a paper bill in the mail please enter the portal and deselect the "Paperless" option.
e-Billing allows you to view your taxes and water bills conveniently online through a computer, tablet or phone.
- View your bills online
- Download your bills
- Reduce your environmental footprint with no bill printouts or mail deliveries
- Secured information, stored safely behind encrypted password-protected accounts
- Receive an email notification when your bills are ready to view
New customer Sign up
(all existing customers will be treated as “new” for the first time)
Instructions for registering as a new user, setting up an account and signing in:
- Visit my.forterie.ca
- To create an account click “Sign up” and add the required information to register
- An email will be sent to you to “Activate your Account” and select a password
- Click the “Confirm E-mail Address” link in the email
- Add your password and click “Complete Registration”
- Enter your email address and password and press “Sign In” to enter the portal
Inside the Portal – Adding your Accounts
When you login to the myFE portal for the first time you will see “No accounts found” under the Account(s) area. To add your water and/or tax account complete the following steps.
- To the far right click “Add”
- Select the type of account from the drop-down menu
- Go to your most recent paper bill, for Tax find Roll No. (15 digits) and Access code, for Water, find Account Number (8 digits) and Access code (see examples below)
Click “I confirm” after entering your Account Number and Access Code then click Add
- Once your Water and/or Tax Bills have been added simply click the button to the right that says “Bills” to open previous and current bills as a PDF.
- Clicking the trash can will delete that account from your profile
- “Paperless” billing will be active by default (please see below). To receive a paper bill in the mail please toggle the “Paperless” toggle to OFF (grey).
Once a bill has been added to your “myFE” account you can view and print it anytime at your convenience.