Culture & Recreation >> Parks, Trails & Open Space
Bay Beach Admission, Parking, Rules
Bay Beach Camera
Bay Beach has undergone extensive renovation to provide an accessible and modern beach facility for the enjoyment of locals and tourists alike. New park components include a state of the art washroom facility complete with lockers, change rooms, foot wash showers, and a water bottle filling station; a new playground donated by the Ridgeway Lions Club; a pavilion; a festival square for community events; an accessible ramp down to the beach; beach mats to provide access to the waters edge; and a viewing deck that extends over the beach.
- Admission to the beach will be in effect from Victoria Day through Labour Day.
- Fort Erie Residents can purchase a season pass for $10.
- Non-residents and residents without a season pass can purchase a day pass for $5 per person. ***Pass purchases are available at the pay and display machines using your Visa or MasterCard only. Interac admission transactions are available at the MAIN GATE ONLY. Cash admission transactions are not available***
- Children 10 and under are free.
- Local Residents can purchase a season pass from Town Hall during business hours.
- Local Residents must provide proof of residency, such as a driver's licence, tax bill, or a bill that shows your name and address.
- Local Residents may also buy a season pass for your spouse/partner as well as for your children over the age of 10.
- One season pass will be issued per person per season.
- Season Passes for the 2020 season will not be available at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will advise residents when Town Hall will resume public visits again.
Pay Admission Hours
- 10 am - 4 pm on weekdays and 9 am - 5 pm on weekends and holidays
- If you arrive before these times there will not be a charge. However, if you leave the beach and re-enter you will have to pay admission or show your season pass.
- Paid parking is available at the municipal parking lot at Erie Road and Eastwood Avenue, between May 1 and September 30.
- The parking fee is $4.00 per hour, or a flat rate of $15 per car between 8 am and 9 pm. Parking is not permitted from 2 am - 6 am.
- Additionally this year, 14 parking meters have been installed on streets surrounding the park (see map below). Metered parking will be enforced from Victoria Day through Labour Day. The rate of meter parking is $2 per hour or a flat fee of $10 for the day from 10 am - 6 pm.
Additional Parking Information
- Residents of the Crystal Beach neighbourhood who do not have space for a driveway are eligible for up to two parking permits. These permits are vehicle specific and are non-transferable.
- If you have a parking space for one vehicle on your property, you are not eligible for a Town parking pass.
- If you have further questions regarding your individual parking situation please call Town Hall at 905-871-1600.
Park and Beach Rules
- A paid security company will be on the beach during beach hours
- Upon entering the beach from either entrance, security may search bags upon entry. Refusal to permit a bag search will make a patron inadmissible to the beach.
- No fires
- No dogs
- No glass containers
- No littering
- No public defecation/urination
- No alcohol
- No smoking, vaping, cannabis in the park
- No BBQ's
- No pavilions, tents of any size or type, sport-brellas, or any material mounted on supports is permitted
- Only umbrellas with a centre pole no greater than seven feet six inches in height and a maximum shade diameter of nine feet will be permitted.