Bay Beach Admission, Parking, Rules
Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach) is closed to anyone without a Fort Erie resident season pass. Fort Erie resident season passes for Bay Beach in 2020 are available to Fort Erie residents, Fort Erie taxpayers and Fort Erie short-term rental operators only.
Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach)
The following operational changes have been put into place temporarily for Bay Beach:
- Bay Beach (also known as Crystal Beach) is closed to anyone without a Fort Erie resident season pass.
- Resident season passes for Bay Beach are being offered to Fort Erie residents, Fort Erie taxpayers and Fort Erie short-term rental operators with proof of address such as a driver's license, passport, tax bill or any bill that shows the person’s name and address.
- Temporary operational changes to Bay Beach due to COVID-19 (i.e. Resident Season Pass holders only) will continue to be in effect throughout Stage 3 of reopening Ontario.
- Resident season pass holders can gain access to Bay Beach daily starting Friday, June 26. from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- The fee for obtaining a Bay Beach resident season pass has been waived for 2020.
- Only 2,000 people will be allowed on Bay Beach per day.
- Anyone trying to access Bay Beach without a 2020 resident season pass will not be allowed entrance to the beach. No exceptions.
- Resident season pass holders must show their Bay Beach 2020 season pass to gain access to Bay Beach during business hours.
- Niagara Region conducts regular water testing at Bay Beach. To learn the most up to date beach conditions visit: https://www.niagararegion.ca/living/water/beaches/
Bay Beach Capacity Status Updates
To ensure room for physical distancing, beach staff is only allowing 2,000 (max.) Resident Season Pass holders on Bay Beach per day.
Prior to heading to the beach, resident season pass holders are encouraged to check the capacity status updates (see below) to avoid disappointment and overcrowding. The following information is updated in real-time and without notice.