Budget & Finances
The Town’s budget is developed annually and designed to support Council’s Strategic Plan and Official Plan commitments. The process relies on sound financial planning and prudent fiscal management practices. As a result, the Town is able to allocate resources appropriately to provide services to its residents and effectively maintain infrastructure.
The budget is guided by Council’s 2018-2022 Strategic Plan with priorities that include:
- Optimizing health, housing and social well-being through service access and healthy lifestyles.
- Sustainable infrastructure for the future.
- Attracting interest and investment through strong advocacy and promotion.
- Promoting business, economic growth and employment opportunities.
- Managed growth through responsibility, stewardship and preservation.
2022 Budget Book
Note that some of the following components will be linked and the consolidated Budget Book published once finalized with additional information (e.g., tax rate by-laws, audited financial statements).
1. General Information
2. Budget Overview
3. Operating Budget
Consolidated Revenue Fund
Water and Wastewater
4. Capital Budget
Capital Forecast & Financing
Capital Project Worksheets
5. Reserves & Reserve Funds
7. Supplementary Information
2022 Budget Timeline and Reports
Capital Budget & Forecast
November 17, 2021 - Budget-in-Committee: Capital report
February 28, 2022 - By-laws: Levy & General Capital
Water & Wastewater
December 8, 2021 - Budget-in-Committee: Water & Wastewater report
January 17, 2022 - By-law: Water & Wastewater Budget and Rates
General Levy Budget
February 2, 2022 - Budget-in-Committee: Town Levy & Library reports
February 28, 2022 - By-laws: Levy and General Capital
2022 BUDGET LINKS
Presentation - 2022 Capital Budget